Jun 14, 2006

Thieving gummint revenooers, part IV

Comptroller of Maryland
Case Number XXXXXX

Dear Ms. Tonk:

Thank you for your response to our notice regarding the above compliance case.

The information that was supplied to us is sufficient to close the case. We now consider the matter resolved.

Sincerely,
XXX


Dear Comptroller:

I cannot tell you how pleased I am to know that I have played a part, however small, in lightening your load. And it only cost me $8 in postage!

However, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, there is still the matter of $667.86 in state and local refunds due me. I know some would quibble about such a paltry amount, and I do hate to spoil the mood, but I'm afraid I have to insist. I figure that, since I helped you close a case, it's only fair that you reciprocate.

Yours in closure,
Tinkerty Tonk

No comments: