Jun 16, 2005

Another list: Children's books

A meme from Michele Catalano:
So, what fiction did you read as a teen/young adult that you have re-read as an adult (or would like to)? What pieces of fiction meant something to you? Put up your list, and pass it on to 2-3 people.

In college, I reread a number of children's books that I loved as a kid for an independent study on children's literature. Then I reread them again to my son, which was great. The ones I loved have held up:

  • The Chronicles of Narnia
  • The Wind in the Willows
  • The Little House series
  • Mary Poppins

    As for young adult, I think I just skipped that part of the library and went straight to adult. I recall reading everything from Valley of the Dolls to Fear of Flying to Crime and Punishment to Wuthering Heights. The last two I've read more than once. The first two, not.

    Now to pass it along: Kitty? Miriam?
  • No comments: