Feb 20, 2008

They're shocked, shocked at Michelle Obama's lack of patriotic pride

Really?

I'm not. I generally expect that a woman of Michelle Obama's class--alumna of Princeton and Harvard Law, etc, etc--would sooner admit that she spanked her children, or didn't recycle, or cooked with Crisco than she would express pride in her country. Patriotism is so low class and embarrassing. It's the sort of thing Michelle and her friends expect from fat Red Staters who shop at Wal-Mart and eat at McDonald's. It's just not done.

However, if the source of Michelle's pride--"that hope is making a comeback"--means that hordes of our compatriots were in despair about their chances in our country until Obama showed them the way, then, for the first time in my adult life, I am ashamed of my country.

Suck it up, people. If you see no hope for yourself as an American citizen living in the 21st Century, might I suggest a little trip to Darfur?

Idiots.


No comments: