Dec 13, 2007

A sensible approach to airline security restrictions

Man nearly dies downing vodka at airport.
BERLIN (AP) — A man nearly died from alcohol poisoning after quaffing two pints of vodka at an airport security check instead of handing it over to comply with new rules about carrying liquids aboard a plane, police said Wednesday.


Instead, he chugged the vodka — and was quickly unable to stand or otherwise function, police said.

A doctor called to the scene determined he had possibly life-threatening alcohol poisoning, and he was sent to a Nuremberg clinic for treatment. The man, whose name was not released, is expected to be able to go home in a few days.

Thank God it didn't go to waste.

Thanks to Lisa.

No comments: