Dec 5, 2006

Mau-mauing seems to be the correct term

That's how Michelle Malkin describes this story in which a Muslim woman is interrupted at prayer at a Detroit-area gym and lodges a "formal complaint."
"The manager told me, 'You have to respect her (the patron), but she does not have to respect your God,' " said Wardeh Sultan of Dearborn. "I've had my membership for seven or eight years, and I've never had a problem with praying there.

"I told that manager, 'I can't believe you said that' " Sultan said. "Honestly, I feel humiliated and I feel ashamed, right now, to go back to Fitness USA."

I'm not even sure I understand the story. A woman was praying in the gym, a patron came in and what? Started exercising? In a gym? The nerve!

Let's hope Fitness USA doesn't back down.

No comments: