May 12, 2006

The NSA papers

Transcripts from the Tinkerty Tonk dossier:

March 22, 2005


TT: Hello.

Son of TT: Mom, are you going to stop at the store on your way home?

TT: Why?

SOTT: I need batteries.

TT: I hadn't planned on it.

SOTT: Please!!

TT: (Sigh) What kind?

SOTT: Triple A.

TT: All right.

**********************

Hello. You've reached XXX-XXX-XXXX. We can't come to the phone right now. Please leave a message.

Eileen's Mom: Eileen? It's your mother, sweetheart. How was your trip? Please call me.

March 29, 2005


TT: Hello.

Son of TT: Mom, are you going to stop at the store on your way home?

TT: Why?

SOTT: We need milk.

TT: OK.

SOTT: And can you pick up some noodles?

TT: Jesus! More noodles? You know those noodles have absolutely no nutritional value.

SOTT: Please!!

TT: (Sigh) We'll see.

**********************

Hello. You've reached XXX-XXX-XXXX. We can't come to the phone right now. Please leave a message.

Eileen's Mom: Eileen? I still haven't heard from you. Are you OK, darling? Please call. (Kissing sounds.)


April 5, 2005


TT: Hello.

SOTT: Mom? Can I borrow some money?

TT: I don't have any cash on me.

SOTT: Please!! You can stop at the ATM on your way home.

TT: (Sigh) How much?

SOTT: $20? I'll pay you back Monday.

TT: I suppose.

**********************

Hello. You've reached XXX-XXX-XXXX. We can't come to the phone right now. Please leave a message.

Eileen's Mom: Eileen? Eileen, are you there? I'm worried about you, darling. Please call your mother. Eileen? Eileen?

No comments: