May 4, 2005

Boys and girls at the movies

Meme I got from Robert, who got it from Sheila, who got it from Michele.

"Guy" movies that I, a woman, love:
  • The Great Escape
  • Patton (What can I say? I love Downtown WWII.)
  • Lawrence of Arabia
  • Zulu
  • High Noon (The only Western I like.)
  • Bull Durham (Not sure if this is a guy movie.)


  • "Chick flicks" that I, a chick, do not like:
  • The Way We Were (But then I can't stand even the sight of Barbra Streisand)
  • Ghost
  • Titanic
  • The English Patient (To quote Elaine from Seinfeld: Die already!)
  • Pretty Woman


  • Movies that I, as a hardened, cynical, unfeeling, soulless person tend to break down in tears while watching:
  • Terms of Endearment (Perhaps the world's greatest tearjerker.)
  • Great Escape (I get all choked up when Donald Pleasance a) loses his sight and b) loses his life.)
  • Shadowlands
  • Glory
  • An Officer and a Gentleman

  • Which movies would you pick?

    No comments: