Jan 8, 2008

It's not Hillary's tears that get me

It's the early Christian martyr complex:
It’s not easy. It’s not easy. And I couldn’t do it if I just didn’t passionately believe it was the right thing to do. I have so many opportunities for this country. I just don’t want to see us fall back.

The faux apocalyptic concern:
And so, when we look at the array of problems we have, and the potential for getting, it spinning out of control, this is one of the most important elections America has ever faced.

And the megalomania:
This is very personal for me. It’s not just political, it’s not just — I see what’s happening. We have to reverse it. And some people think elections are a game. It’s like, who’s up or who’s down. It’s about our country. It’s about our kids’ futures. And it’s really about all of us, together.

And some of us who do this put ourselves out there and do this under some pretty difficult odds. And we do it, each one of us, because we care about our country.




No comments: