Oct 23, 2007

When Bonnie Frost writes her book

About how she was attacked by the Right Wing Hate Machine, she'll likely be able to afford health insurance to cover not only her kids, but her and her husband, too.
Bonnie Frost, stood before a microphone at a Baltimore church, in a peasant shirt and clogs, to make a quiet appeal for broader health coverage in Maryland.

"My husband and I cannot afford health insurance," she said, as advocates announced a new radio ad featuring her. The plan, to be debated as the legislature convenes in Annapolis next week, "would help a lot of working families like us."

She said she didn't hesitate to join the Maryland effort, despite the events of the past three weeks. "I'm not going to let the nasty bloggers scare me away from standing up for what's important," she said yesterday.
Now, when I first read this I thought "she just doesn't know when to shut up," thinking that poor Bonnie would just find herself "caught in the partisan crossfire" again as a result of her bold outspokenness.

Then I remembered that I seem to have heard a gazillion talk show interviews yesterday with Valerie Plame, who while hawking her new book, told everyone that posing for the cover of "Vanity Fair" was "the worst thing that could have happened to her." And I realized that becoming the victim of the Right Wing Hate Machine has its perks.

You can travel the world and hang out with dictators. You can be on TV. You can become the Democratic front-runner for President. You can even win a Nobel Prize.

Where can I sign up? I'm kind of short on cash these days and becoming a victim of the Right Wing Hate Machine would be just the thing. And I'm highly qualified: I'm unemployed. I'm irresponsible (I don't have health insurance, either!). And I can wear a peasant top just as well as Bonnie Frost does.

Gentlemen and ladies: I'm at your service.

No comments: