Jul 17, 2007

What I've been doing these past two days

Making baked goods. I'm auditioning for a semi-freelance/occasional job as a pastry chef at the restaurant where my son works. I love to bake--whether I can make money at it is still up in the air.

In other semi-employment news, I have a couple freelance writing assignments, which will also help supplement my meager unemployment income. Now, if I could just figure out a way to make this blog pay--and provide for health insurance--I'd be all set.

Anyway, I was up 'til 3 am last night baking and glazing. My kitchen looks like someone staged a food fight in it and I'm beat. I think I'll take a short nap and then endeavor to do something with my hair before moseying on over there at 4.

UPDATE: I'm in. A week from Friday, diners will have a choice between my chocolate layer cake--pronounced orgasmic by one taster--and the blueberry-lemon cake.


bakery
Clockwise from top: Chocolate Crunch Cake with Milk Chocolate Frosting; crème fraîche--I made it myself; Lime Meringue Bites; Nut Tartlets, made with pine nuts and cashews; Blueberry-Lemon Pound Cake Infused with Lemon Syrup; and, in the center, Chocolate Raspberry Bites.

bakery2
An aerial view highlighting the Chocolate-Raspberry Bites, which look much better than the picture.

bakery3
Close-up of the nut tarts. I see now that the center bottom one looks a bit cock-eyed.

bakery6
Another aerial view in which you can see the meringue bites, which also look much better in person. Plus, they're dee-licious, if I do say so myself.

No comments: