Jun 5, 2007

Crazy eights

Meme from Robbo, eight things about me.

1) I startle easily at loud noises. Really easily--even when I'm expecting the noise. For example, if I hear someone climbing the stairs to my apartment--and I'm expecting a visitor--it's not unusual for me to give a little start when that person knocks. If I'm not expecting anyone and I'm locked into concentration mode--and don't hear a thing outside my own thoughts--and someone knocks on the door, I'll jump in my seat and give out a little yelp.

2) Nyquil and other medications that are supposed to make you drowsy have the opposite effect on me.

3) I love taking off my shoes as much as I love shoes. I do it unconsciously: At home, at work, or at the movies. My feet, apparently, have a need to be free. You know how some people are always looking for their keys? Or their glasses? I'm always looking for my shoes. The first thing I do when I get home is take off my shoes and put on a pair of slippers or flip flops. (If my shoes are particularly binding, I might take them off in the car. I tend to have at least one or two pairs of shoes in my car at any given time.) Later, I'll unconsciously slip out of my flip flops, get up to perform some stupid task, notice that my feet are unshod and go into my closet for another pair. This can go on for hours until at the end of the night I look around and see that I've left a trail of shoes around the house, some of them kicked off in mid-stride as though the person wearing them had suddenly been vaporized while heading to the kitchen,

4) I don't like potato chips.

5) A co-worker and I got fired for writing a newspaper parody about the pretend exploits of three of our superiors, who weren't mentioned by name but whose identity was obvious to anyone who worked there. A third co-worker found the offending articles and turned us in.

6) I can't stand Robin Williams.

7)When feeling glum, I tend to do something drastic--to my hair.

8) I never forget a face, but I'll be damned if I can attach that face to a name.

No comments: