Mar 29, 2007

'The Lord is all that'

Via Robbo comes word of the Episcopal Church's latest contribution to the liturgy, The Hip Hop Prayer Book. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the 23rd Psalm:
The Lord is all that, I need for nothing.
He allows me to chill.
He keeps me from being heated
and allows me to breathe easy.
He guides my life so that
I can represent and give
shouts out in his Name.
And even though I walk through
the Hood of death,
I don't back down
for you have my back.
The fact that you have me covered
allows me to chill.
He provides me with back-up
in front of my player-haters
and I know that I am a baller
and life will be phat.
I fall back in the Lord's crib
for the rest of my life.
While we're on the subject of white people making fools of themselves, someone should tell Karl Rove that the spectacle of a middle-aged white guy rapping is funny only in a cringe-inducing way. They're laughing at you, Karl, not with you.

No comments: