Feb 14, 2007

Freaky ice-related incident

So I'm driving along when suddenly a thick sheet of ice hits the top of my windshield and slides down, pushing the windshield wipers on to the hood of the car and, incidentally, scaring the crap out of me.

I pull over and remove the rest of the ice, but the windshield wipers won't budge; they're kind of bent backwards and they look so odd splayed out on the hood like that. So odd that I can't figure out how to put them back. And I thought the whole wiper mechanism was broken because when I turned them on they didn't budge. So I decide to go ahead without the wipers, but--me being me--I'm fiddling with the wiper knob and cover the windshield in washer fluid. So I stop again, at a 7-11 parking lot, and wipe the fluid off with my scarf.

But I still can't figure out how the windshield wipers are supposed to go. So I look at the florist's van parked next to me, staring at the wipers when the driver, who's inside the van drinking a cup of coffee starts giving me the hairy eyeball and I decide to move on.

Finally, I stop at a light next to a woman who has the same make and model car as me and I notice that the wipers are indeed backwards. So I get to where I'm going and start fiddling with them and somehow manage to snap them back and now they work.

A pointless little story, isn't it?

No comments: