Dec 27, 2006

5 things you don't know about me

1. In 5th grade, or possibly 6th, I went through some bizarre hair covering phase and actually wore a turban--kelly green as I recall--to school. I also sometimes wore a snood. It's a wonder I had any friends.

turbansnood


2. I don't like whipped cream. In fact, I find it nauseating.

3. I have a weakness for cleaning products. Anytime there's something new out like the Mr. Clean magic eraser, I must buy it. I really, really love the Mr. Clean magic eraser. I'm also fond of the Clorox bleach pen and have a current fascination with Oxyclean. And I was foolish enough to spend around $20 for this.

4. I have a collection of ceramic salt and pepper shakers. I prefer kitschy retro ones from the fifties and the salt figure must be different from the pepper figure, e.g. a rat and a piece of cheese.

5. A few years ago, I picked up a couple of sessions as floor manager at the World Wrestling Federation. A friend of mine was assistant to the producer for the show's "news" segments. I would sit around the set for hours at a time and when they were ready to shoot, stand there and yell: "5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ..." while counting down with my fingers.

Via Cathy Seipp.

No comments: