- Singin' in the Rain--Did you know Jean Hagen sang for Debbie Reynolds who sang for Jean Hagen in the movie? Me neither, see here.
- My Fair Lady--Not just the music but Audrey, the clothes and the sets!
- Top Hat--Maybe tied with Swing Time. In any event, Fred and Ginger have gotta be in the top 5.
- Meet Me in St. Louis--As with the entry above, a Judy Garland entry is a must.
- The Music Man--Little known personal biographical detail: The summer after my first year of college I worked backstage as a dresser for a semi-professional theater in Ft. Lauderdale. This was the show, which I now know by heart.
Oct 14, 2006
Top 5 musicals
A normblog poll.