Oct 26, 2006

Cone of silence

I came home last night to no Internet, no TV and no phone. And I couldn't get a signal on my cell phone. It was as if someone had encased my little abode in lead. About three hours later, I managed to get a cell phone signal and called the cable company--three times. The highlights:
  1. Customer service rep #1 said she showed that all my cable boxes were receiving a signal and that apparently ended the matter as far as she was concerned. She then told me she was in sales, not repairs, and gave me another number to call.

  2. Customer service rep #2 said my modem was definitely offline. He said he could get someone to come by to check out the Internet connection (which is also my phone line) Thursday evening. He didn't know nothin' 'bout no TV.

  3. Customer service rep #3 checked the boxes, said they were fine, said she also was in sales and not repair but offered to transfer me.

  4. Customer service rep #4 greeted me in Spanish. (I believe I exploded at this point.) He told me he couldn't get anyone out to check the TV until next Thursday night, but offered me an immediate credit for my inconvenience. At least I think that's what he said: His accent was extremely heavy.


So, maybe someone is coming tonight to fix something. Maybe, he'll fix everything. Maybe not.

No comments: