May 16, 2006

Do you speak Malkin?

Steve Verdon:
A few months ago I was running a tad late one morning, so to save time I hoped in the car pool lane before it was legal to do so. Unfortunately for me, a CHP officer saw it, and nailed me. So instead of saving time now I was quite late and the proud new owner of a new ticket. But, never fear, I subscribe to Malkin-Speak.

You see, I got Amnesty for that ticket. Since it had been well over 18 months since I last went to traffic school I opted for that option. I paid the fine ($349) and I paid the traffic school fee ($30–to the State, the traffic school collected its own fee–another $27). Plus I had to spend 8 hours in a class room. But I was completely pardoned from my crime and didn’t have to pay anything….oh…gee….maybe this Malkin-Speak just isn’t what it is cracked up to be.

No comments: