Mar 14, 2006

The Lord works in mysterious ways

Jesus inspired woman to pick up old books she found in the trash.
Last summer, [Mary] Cranwell, a member of the Daughters of St. Joseph, was riding her bike in Thibodaux when she spotted a pile of musty, moldy old books sitting out with the trash.

After picking up a book of music that she knew a friend would like, she went home for breakfast and said her morning prayers.

"And then I had this strong feeling that Jesus was asking me to go get the rest of those books," she said.

Being involved in the spiritual direction business, she knows how to follow orders from above. She went back and got the books.

"I thought, 'I don't know why I'm getting these old, dusty books; Jesus, I guess you have your reasons, but I have no clue.' "

Turns out Jesus knows a thing or two about books: She found a signed first edition of Les Miserables and a love letter written by Victor Hugo.

No comments: