Feb 7, 2006

McCain looks better and better in '08

Sure, he's a glory hound. And I absolutely despise campaign finance reform, but I do love this, McCain's letter to Barack Obama.
"I would like to apologize to you for assuming that your private assurances to me regarding your desire to cooperate in our efforts to negotiate bipartisan lobbying reform were sincere," McCain writes.

...

Writes McCain, "I understand how important the opportunity to lead your party's effort to exploit this issue must seem to a freshman Senator, and I hold no hard feelings over your earlier disingenuousness. Again, I have been around long enough to appreciate that in politics the public interest isn't always a priority for every one of us. Good luck to you, Senator."
Plus, I'm disgusted by GOP lawmakers like Lindsay Graham, who seems to have "grown in office." At least McCain can be trusted to prosecute the war.

Somewhat related: Wiretapping polls, it all boils down to how you ask the question.

No comments: