Feb 23, 2006

How does he know?

"Homeland security remains pretty much a joke -- air, sea, and land," says Glenn Reynolds. Now, I've been less than impressed with the security people at various airports--especially the time they chose my senior citizen mother for extra wanding--but the fact is we haven't suffered a terrorist attack since 9/11. And I don't think it's for lack of trying on the part of terrorists. Somebody somewhere must be doing something right.

The UK can't say the same. Neither can Spain. Or Jordan.

As for port security, I'm not surprised that it's a shambles in Baltimore. But I've decided I'm no longer necessarily opposed to the Dubai deal, even despite the dubious imprimatur of Jimmy Carter, thanks to reading numerous articles like this. I'm sure W will sleep better at night having gotten this ringing endorsement.

No comments: