Jan 11, 2006

Christian pap

Apparently Virginia Postrel isn't aware of the King James Onlyists. There really is something for everyone in the Christian marketplace. As for the popularity of "bad to mediocre" (which is rather a kind way of putting it) Christian rock, I suppose it's the lowest common denominator factor. I'll take St. Matthew Passion over Amy Grant, but others differ.

What I don't get is this. And why ABC was showing it last night on primetime. At first I thought it was one of those shows like "The Truth Behind the da Vinci Code" that the networks seem to run on occasion. Or a news show that looked "Inside the Christian Right."

At first glance, it looked like a newsmagazine show, with a "reporter" introducing footage of one scene and then cutting to another "reporter" interviewing a guy. Until they cut back to the studio and it wasn't Jane Pauley or Stone Phillips pontificating, but Pat Robertson.

After Robertson's latest remark about Sharon I had a rather lengthy email exchange with someone in which I argued that while he may be a moron, no one takes Pat Robertson seriously. Then the MSM broadcasts a primetime show written, directed and hosted by Robertson.

Was I wrong?

No comments: